Hello there, 😊
Are you tired of traditional photo-editing software and want a quick fix for removing the unwanted background from your images right from your iPhone? Well, the good news is that with the plethora of editing apps available on the AppStore, it’s easier than ever. And if you are still thinking about the complexity of the process of cutting an image, let me tell you, it is no rocket science. In this article, we’ll show you how to cut out images on iPhone, so you can get that perfect shot for your social media profiles, blog posts, or any other project you have in mind.
1. Using the native Markup tool on your iPhone
If you’ve ever wondered how to cut out images on iPhone, you’ll be happy to know that you don’t need to download any additional software or use any complex processes. The Markup tool on your iPhone makes it easy to tailor the images you’ve taken to suit your needs. Here’s how you can use this tool to cut out images:
Step 1: Open the Photos app on your iPhone and select the picture that you want to cut out. Tap the ‘Edit’ option on the top-right corner of the screen, and then tap the ‘(•••)’ option.
Step 2: From the list of options that appear, select ‘Markup’. This will take you to a screen where you can draw, add text, and also cut out an image.
Step 3: To cut out part of the image, select the ‘+’ button on the lower-right corner of the screen. This will display options to add text, signature, magnifier, and the lasso tool. Tap the lasso tool.
Step 4: Use your finger or the Apple Pencil to draw around the part of the image you want to cut out. Once you have completed the outline, your selected area will be highlighted.
Step 5: Now, tap on the ‘Cut’ option. You can then paste the image into another picture or save it as a new image.
This native Markup tool on your iPhone makes cutting out images a breeze, and you can do it all in just five simple steps. Try it out the next time you want to cut out an image!
Using the Markup Tool
If you want to cut out an image on your iPhone, you don’t need to download any fancy apps or software. In fact, the Markup tool in the Photos app can be used to do this easily. This tool allows you to add annotations, text, and shapes to photos, including cutting out an image. Here’s how you can use it:
- Open the Photos app and select the photo you want to edit.
- Tap “Edit” in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the three-dot icon in the top right corner of the screen and then select “Markup” from the dropdown menu.
- You will now see a range of tools at the bottom of the screen. Select the “Sketch” tool which looks like a pencil.
- Start by drawing around the object you want to cut out using your finger or Apple Pencil. The tool will automatically smooth out your lines and create a sharp outline.
- Once you have traced around the entire object, tap on the “Smart Lasso” icon which looks like a magic wand. This will detect the object and create a more accurate selection.
- With the object selected, tap on the “Cut” icon which looks like a pair of scissors.
- You can now paste the cut-out object onto another photo or onto a new background.
The Markup tool is a simple and effective way to cut out images on your iPhone. It’s also great for adding annotations and other elements to your photos. Give it a try and see how it can enhance your photography skills.
Using a Third-Party App
If you want to make precise cuts around your images, you can download and use a third-party app like Adobe Photoshop Express or Cut Out Studio. These apps are specifically designed to help you cut out images on your iPhone with ease and accuracy.
When using a third-party app, make sure to follow the instructions carefully. Most of these apps will require you to select the image you want to cut out, and then use your finger to draw around the edges of the image. Some apps also come with advanced editing features, such as the ability to adjust the color and brightness of your image, so be sure to explore these features as well.
Another advantage of using a third-party app is that you can save your cut-out images as separate files, which makes it easy to use them in other projects. For example, you can save your cut-out image as a PNG file and insert it into a document or presentation.
However, keep in mind that some third-party apps may require a subscription or in-app purchases to unlock certain features. Be sure to read the app description carefully before downloading and using the app.
Overall, using a third-party app is a great option if you want to make precise cuts around your images on your iPhone. With these apps, you can create professional-looking images with ease and take your projects to the next level.
Using Instant Alpha
Have you ever wanted to cut out an object from an image on your iPhone, but struggled with removing its background? The good news is that it’s now easier than ever, thanks to the built-in Photos app’s Instant Alpha feature. With this tool, you can easily remove the background of an image and isolate the object in just a few simple steps.
Before we begin, make sure you have the latest version of the Photos app installed on your iPhone. If not, head to the App Store and update it.
Now, let’s dive into how to use Instant Alpha:
- Open the Photos app and select the image you want to edit.
- Tap on the Edit button in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the Markup icon in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Select Instant Alpha from the list of options that appear.
- Use your finger to draw around the object you want to isolate. The Instant Alpha tool will automatically remove the background from the area you selected.
- Adjust the selection by dragging your finger over areas you want to include or exclude. You can also use the slider at the bottom of the screen to adjust the tool’s sensitivity.
- Once you’re satisfied with the selection, tap on Done in the top right corner of the screen.
- Save your edited image by tapping on Save in the top left corner of the screen.
That’s it! You have now successfully used the Instant Alpha tool to cut out an object from your image.
Keep in mind that the Instant Alpha tool works best on images with a solid, uniform background color. If your image has a more complex background, you may need to use another editing tool such as the Eraser or the Magic Wand to remove the background manually.
Overall, the Instant Alpha feature in the Photos app is a great tool to quickly and easily remove backgrounds from images on your iPhone. Experiment with your own images to see how you can edit and enhance them using this simple feature.
It’s a wrap!
And there you have it – a guide to cutting out images on your iPhone. We hope that you found this article helpful, and that you’ll be able to put these tips into practice when you need to create some stunning visuals. Thanks for reading! Don’t forget to check back for more tips and tricks that will make your phone feel like an extension of yourself.
Recommended Video : How to Cut Out Images on iPhone