Hello there! 👋 Are you having a hard time resizing photos on your Mac? Sometimes we need to resize our photos for various reasons, such as sending them through email or uploading them to websites. This process can be tricky, especially if you’re unfamiliar with the tools and techniques needed to do it. But no worries, in this article, we will guide you through the best methods of resizing photos on your Mac. So grab your MacBook, and let’s get started!
Resizing photos is a simple process that can help lower the file size and dimensions of a photo. If you have smaller photos, they take up less storage and are quicker to upload and email. Macs offer various tools and applications to resize photos easily. In this article, we will cover the different options available, including using the built-in Preview app, batch resizing, and utilizing third-party apps that can make the process even easier. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced Mac user, you’re sure to learn something new in this guide.
Why Resize Photos on Mac?
As mentioned, resizing photos on Mac can have several benefits, including:
- Saving storage: Large photo files take up more space on your device, which can slow down your computer and limit the amount of storage you have available. By resizing photos, you can significantly reduce their size without sacrificing quality, freeing up space for other files and applications.
- Improving website loading speed: If you’re a blogger, web designer, or online business owner, you already know how important website loading speed is. Large images can significantly slow down page load times, which can negatively affect user experience and even your search engine rankings. By resizing your images before uploading them to your website, you can ensure that they load quickly and seamlessly, improving your site’s overall performance.
- Making it easier to share photos: Whether you’re sending photos to friends and family or uploading them to social media, large file sizes can be a hassle to deal with. They take longer to upload and download, and may not be compatible with certain platforms or devices. By resizing your photos, you can make them more manageable and shareable, without compromising on quality.
Overall, resizing photos on Mac is a simple and effective way to optimize your digital assets and make the most of your device’s storage and performance capabilities.
If you’re happy with your photos, but they’re too big, you can easily resize them on Mac.
Using Preview to Resize Photos
Preview, the default app on Mac, can resize photos easily and quickly with just a few clicks. Here’s how to do it:
1. Open the image you want to resize in Preview.
2. Go to the “Tools” menu and click on “Adjust Size.” This will open a new window where you can enter the new dimensions for your photo.
3. If you want to maintain the aspect ratio of your photo (the proportional relationship between its width and height), make sure the “Scale proportionally” box is checked. This will ensure that your photo doesn’t become distorted when you resize it.
4. Enter the new width and/or height for your photo. You can use pixels, inches, or another unit of measurement. Preview will automatically adjust the other dimension to maintain the aspect ratio.
5. Once you’re satisfied with the new size of your photo, click “OK.” Preview will automatically resize your photo and save a copy with the new dimensions.
Resizing photos with Preview is a quick and easy way to make your images smaller or larger. This can be especially useful if you need to upload photos to a website or send them in an email, since larger photos can take longer to upload or send.
If you need to save space, check out our guide to optimize iPhone storage for more tips.
Batch Resize Photos on Mac
If you have a bunch of photos on your Mac that you need to resize, there’s no need to do them one by one. Instead, you can use the powerful Preview app to batch resize them all at once. Here’s how:
Step 1: Open Preview and Import Your Photos
The first step is to launch Preview on your Mac and open the photos you want to resize. You can do this by clicking on “File” in the menu bar and selecting “Open,” then navigating to the folder where your photos are stored.
Step 2: Select All the Photos You Want to Resize
Once you have your photos open in Preview, you need to select them all. To do this, click on the first photo, then press and hold the “Shift” key while clicking on the last photo. This should select all the photos in between as well.
Step 3: Choose the Resize Option
With all the photos selected, click on “Tools” in the menu bar and select “Adjust Size.” A new window will open up with options for resizing your photos.
Step 4: Set Your Resizing Parameters
In the “Adjust Size” window, you can set the parameters for resizing your photos. You can choose to resize by percentage or by specific pixel values. You can also choose to constrain the proportions so that your photos don’t end up skewed or distorted.
Step 5: Save Your Resized Photos
Once you have set your resizing parameters, click on “OK” to resize your photos. This may take a few moments, depending on how many photos you are resizing. When the process is complete, you can save your resized photos by clicking on “File” in the menu bar and selecting “Export.”
And that’s it! With just a few simple steps, you can batch resize all your photos on your Mac using Preview. This is a great timesaver if you have a lot of photos that need to be resized for a particular project or purpose.
To make the process easier, you can also compress a folder on Mac by following our step-by-step guide.
Use Third-Party Apps to Resize Photos on Mac
If you’re looking for more advanced features or want to compress photos while resizing, third-party apps like Adobe Photoshop, Pixelmator, or ImageOptim can be great options on your Mac.
Adobe Photoshop is one of the popular third-party apps that can help you resize photos on Mac. You can use the “Image Size” option to resize the photos according to your requirements. You can also change the image’s resolution, dimensions, and other parameters with ease.
Pixelmator is another third-party app that you can use to resize photos on Mac. It is a powerful and easy-to-use image editor that provides various tools to modify your photos. It allows you to resize photos without losing their quality and compress them to reduce their file size.
If you’re looking for a simple and efficient way to resize photos on your Mac, ImageOptim is a great tool to consider. It is a free app that can help you reduce the file size of your images without compromising their quality. It can also convert your images to different formats like JPEG, PNG, and GIF.
In conclusion, if you need more features or want to compress photos while resizing, third-party apps like Adobe Photoshop, Pixelmator, or ImageOptim can be great options on your Mac. Each tool provides different functionalities to help you resize your photos according to your requirements. Choose the one that suits your needs and start resizing your photos today.
That’s all, folks!
Now that you know how to resize photos on your Mac, you can start editing pictures with ease. Remember that cropping and resizing photos can make a huge difference in presenting them to others. Thanks for reading and visiting our website for more tips and tricks. Don’t forget to explore other articles and updates and come back again!
Recommended Video : How to Resize Photos on Your Mac: A Step-by-Step Guide