Greeting DAPPS Lovers, we are here to guide you about the basic and essential aspect of computer knowledge – BIOS. For the beginners who are new to the technology world or experts who are facing difficulty entering BIOS, this article will be helpful. BIOS is an acronym for Basic Input/Output System; it is a pre-installed firmware that allows the computer’s hardware to communicate with the operating system.
How to Enter BIOS?
Method 1: Entering BIOS through Function Keys
1. Restart or Start your Computer: Turn on your computer or restart your computer if it is already on.
2. Press Function Key: Immediately after your computer restarts, press the specific Function key. The Function key may vary depending on the manufacturer and model of your computer. The commonly used Function keys for entering BIOS are F2, F10, F12, and Esc.
Method 2: Entering BIOS through Advanced Startup Options
1. Open Charms Bar: Press the Windows key and the C key simultaneously or swipe to open the Charms bar.
2. Click on the Settings: Click on the Settings icon present in the Charms bar.
3. Click on Power: Click on the Power option in the Settings.
4. Press and Hold Shift Key: Press and Hold the Shift key and click on Restart to reboot your computer.
5. Select Troubleshoot: After the restarting, select Troubleshoot, then Advanced option.
6. Go to UEFI Firmware Settings: From the Advanced option, select UEFI Firmware settings, and click on Restart.
Method 3: Entering BIOS through BIOS Menu
1. Restart or Start Your Computer: Turn on your computer or restart your computer if it is already on.
2. Press Del Key: Press the Delete (Del) key continuously until you enter the BIOS menu. The Del key is commonly used for entering the BIOS menu.
Strengths and Weaknesses of Entering BIOS
BIOS is a pre-installed firmware that enhances the speed of your computer. It allows the operating system to communicate with the computer hardware, so updating BIOS can provide more support for new hardware devices. BIOS also allows booting the computer from a USB drive and enables you to overclock your processor by changing the performance of your computer.
Updating or making changes in BIOS can be risky; if the process fails, you may face significant damages. Sometimes, entering the BIOS menu may be challenging; it can vary from computer to computer, and the keys may differ depending on the manufacturer or model number. Entering BIOS requires technical knowledge, so beginners may face difficulty doing so.
A Table Containing Complete Information About How to Enter BIOS
|Function Keys||1. Restart or Start your computer.
2. Press specific Function key (F2, F10, F12, Esc).
|Advanced Startup Options||1. Open Charms bar (Windows + C).
2. Click on Settings.
3. Click Power.
4. Press and Hold Shift Key.
5. Select Troubleshoot; Advanced option.
6. Go to UEFI Firmware Settings.
|BIOS Menu||1. Restart or start your computer.
2. Press the Del Key repeatedly until you enter the BIOS menu.
13 FAQs on How to Enter BIOS
How do I know which Function Key is correct for entering BIOS on my computer?
The Function key may vary depending on your computer’s manufacturer or the model. Check your computer’s manual or search on the internet using your computer’s model number to know the specific Function key for entering BIOS.
How to Enter BIOS without any Function Keys?
Some computers may have different methods for entering BIOS when no Function Keys are available. You can follow the instruction in your computer’s manual or search the internet using your computer’s model number to learn the correct method for this.
How to Exit BIOS?
After making changes in BIOS, click on the exit or save button present at the bottom of the screen, and confirm your changes.
How to Enter BIOS in Windows 10?
You can enter BIOS in Windows 10 using any of the three methods mentioned above; Function keys, advanced startup settings, or BIOS menu.
Can I enter BIOS from a USB drive?
Yes, you can enter BIOS from a USB drive, but you need to enable it from the BIOS settings.
Is it safe to update BIOS?
Updating BIOS is safe, but if the process fails, you may face significant damages.
How to Enter BIOS in Dual Boot with Windows and Ubuntu?
To get into BIOS in Dual Boot with Ubuntu and Windows 10, you need to restart your PC, press the Shift key, and continue pressing the Shift Key until you see the Advanced Boot Options.
Can I enter BIOS on a Mac?
Yes, you can enter BIOS on a Mac by entering the EFI mode by pressing the power button, then holding the CMD + Option + O + F keys even before the OS loads.
How to Enter BIOS on MSI Laptops?
On MSI laptops, press the Del key continuously upon rebooting the system to enter BIOS.
How to Enter BIOS on Dell Laptops?
On Dell laptops, restart or start your computer and press F2 or F12 continuously while the Dell logo appears.
How to Enter BIOS on Acer Laptops?
On Acer laptops, restart or start your computer and press F2 continuously while the Acer logo appears.
How to Enter BIOS on Asus Laptops?
On Asus laptops, restart or start your computer and press F2 continuously while the Asus logo appears.
How to Enter BIOS on HP Laptops?
On HP laptops, restart or start your computer and press Esc or F10 continuously while the HP logo appears.
In conclusion, entering BIOS is an essential aspect of a computer that is required for various purposes. This article guides you with three different methods of entering BIOS, along with a comprehensive table and FAQs. Although updating or making changes to BIOS can be risky, it is safe if done correctly. We hope this article will be helpful for DAPPS lovers, and they can establish a basic understanding of entering BIOS.
This article is developed for educational purposes only and does not intend to promote any product or service. Entering BIOS requires technical knowledge, so be careful when making any change in BIOS. We are not responsible for any damage or loss caused by the use of the information provided in this article.
Recommended Video About : How to Enter BIOS: Beginners Guide