Greetings DAPPS Lovers! Each iPhone has a built-in scanner that can be used to scan anything, from documents to QR codes. This feature makes it incredibly easy to scan and save documents on your device without needing any additional hardware. However, many iPhone users are not aware of this feature, and even those who are aware may not know the complete process. In this article, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to scan on iPhone, from start to finish.
Before we dive into the details, it’s important to understand the basics of the iPhone scanning feature. The scanner uses the phone’s camera to capture an image of the object, and then converts it into a digital format for saving. There are various scanning methods available, including scanning with the Notes app, scanning with the Files app, and using third-party applications. Let’s explore each method in detail.
How to Scan with the Notes App
1. Open the ‘Notes’ app on your iPhone.
2. Tap the icon with the camera on the toolbar that appears above the keyboard.
3. From the available options, select ‘Scan Documents.’
4. Hold your iPhone over the document or object you want to scan.
5. The app will automatically detect the document and adjust the frame accordingly. Make any necessary adjustments by dragging the edges of the frame.
6. Tap the shutter button to capture the image, or press and hold the shutter button to continue scanning multiple pages.
7. After you are done, tap ‘Save’ or ‘Save as PDF’ to save the document.
How to Scan with the Files App
1. Open the ‘Files’ app on your iPhone.
2. Tap the ‘Browse’ tab, and select ‘On My iPhone.’
3. Choose the folder where you want to save the document.
4. Tap the ‘More’ icon (three dots) in the top-right corner of the screen.
5. Select ‘Scan Documents’ from the available options.
6. Hold your iPhone over the document or object you want to scan.
7. The app will automatically detect the document and adjust the frame accordingly. Make any necessary adjustments by dragging the edges of the frame.
8. Tap the shutter button to capture the image, or press and hold the shutter button to continue scanning multiple pages.
9. After you are done, tap ‘Save’ or ‘Save as PDF’ to save the document.
Using Third-Party Applications
There are various third-party scanning applications available on the App Store that offer more advanced scanning features, such as OCR (Optical Character Recognition) and image enhancement. Some popular applications are Scanner Pro, Genius Scan, and CamScanner. To use these applications, simply download and install them from the App Store, grant necessary permissions, and start scanning your documents.
Strengths and Weaknesses of the iPhone Scanning Feature
1. Convenience: The iPhone scanning feature eliminates the need for additional hardware, such as scanners or printers. You can scan and save documents on your device in a matter of seconds.
2. Accessibility: The feature is available on all iPhones running iOS 11 or later, making it accessible to a large audience.
3. Quality: The scanning feature produces high-quality digital copies of documents and objects.
4. Integration: The scanned documents can be easily saved and synced with other Apple applications, such as iCloud and iMessage.
5. Security: The scanning feature ensures the safety and privacy of your documents by enabling you to store them on your device or iCloud.
6. Cost-Effective: The feature saves the cost of purchasing an additional scanner or printer.
7. Versatility: The feature is not limited to document scanning only. It can also be used to scan QR codes, barcodes, and other types of codes.
1. No Batch Scanning: The iPhone scanning feature only allows for single-page scanning, which may be time-consuming if you need to scan multiple pages.
2. Limited Editing Features: The built-in scanning feature does not offer advanced editing options, such as cropping or adjusting brightness and contrast.
3. Third-Party App Requirements: If you need advanced scanning features, you will have to download and install third-party applications.
4. Limited Storage Space: Scanned documents consume storage space on your device or iCloud, which may become a problem if you have limited storage.
5. Limited File Formats: The scanning feature only supports saving documents in PDF or image formats, which may not be convenient for some users.
6. Glitches: In some cases, the scanning feature may experience glitches or malfunction, leading to poor quality scans or loss of scanned data.
7. Lighting Conditions: The quality of the scanned image depends on the lighting conditions and may not always produce optimal results.
How to Scan on iPhone: Table
|Scanning with the Notes app||1. Open Notes app 2. Tap camera icon 3. Select ‘Scan Documents’ 4. Hold iPhone over object 5. Adjust frame 6. Tap shutter button 7. Save document|
|Scanning with the Files app||1. Open Files app 2. Tap Browse tab 3. Select ‘On My iPhone’ 4. Choose folder 5. Tap ‘More’ icon 6. Select ‘Scan Documents’ 7. Hold iPhone over object 8. Adjust frame 9. Tap shutter button 10. Save document|
|Using Third-Party Applications||1. Download and install third-party app 2. Grant necessary permissions 3. Scan document|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Do all iPhones have a scanning feature built-in?
A1. Yes, all iPhones running iOS 11 or later have a built-in scanning feature.
Q2. Can I scan multiple pages with the iPhone scanning feature?
A2. Yes, you can scan multiple pages by pressing and holding the shutter button.
Q3. Can I scan codes other than QR codes with the iPhone scanning feature?
A3. Yes, the feature can scan various types of codes, including barcodes and other types of codes.
Q4. Can I edit scanned documents on my iPhone?
A4. Yes, you can edit scanned documents using third-party applications such as Adobe Scan or Scanner Pro.
Q5. Can I save scanned documents as a Word document?
A5. No, the scanning feature only supports saving documents in PDF or image formats.
Q6. Will scanned documents take up a lot of storage space on my device?
A6. Yes, scanned documents can consume a large amount of storage space, especially if they are high-resolution images.
Q7. How can I ensure the privacy and security of my scanned documents?
A7. You can ensure the safety and privacy of your documents by storing them on your device or iCloud and enabling password protection.
Congratulations! You have now learned how to scan on iPhone using various methods. The iPhone scanning feature is a convenient and cost-effective way of scanning and saving your documents on your device. However, it does have some limitations, such as limited editing options and storage space. But with the use of third-party applications, you can overcome these limitations and enjoy more advanced features. So, start scanning and digitizing your documents today!
The information provided in this article is for educational purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for professional advice. We do not take responsibility for any damage or loss caused by the use of this information.
Recommended Video About : How to Scan on iPhone: A Comprehensive Guide for DAPPS Lovers