If you want to turn off the voice feature on your PS5, follow these simple steps:
1. Go to the Settings menu on your PS5 by selecting the gear icon on the top right corner of the home screen.
2. Scroll down to the System section and select Accessibility from the options.
3. Under Accessibility, select Voice.
4. Turn off the “Enable Voice” toggle switch by pressing X on your controller.
That’s it! The voice feature on your PS5 has now been turned off.
Greetings fellow PS5 gamers! Are you tired of the voice feature on your PS5 interrupting your gameplay or just simply want some peace and quiet? It’s okay, we’ve all been there. Turning off the voice feature on your PS5 is a quick and easy process. With just a few clicks, you can enjoy your games without any unwanted interruptions. Say goodbye to those pesky voice commands and hello to uninterrupted gameplay. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps on how to turn off voice on PS5, so you can get back to gaming in peace.
Why Turn Off Voice on PS5?
If you’re someone who prefers to play games on your PS5 console without hearing any audio, including voice commands, you may want to turn off voice on your PS5. Additionally, turning off voice on your PS5 may be necessary if you’re sharing a living space and don’t want to disturb those around you with voice commands.
Whatever your reason may be, turning off voice on PS5 is a simple process that can be done in a few easy steps.
Steps to Turn Off Voice on PS5
The process of turning off voice on your PS5 is quick and straightforward, and won’t take too long to complete. Follow the steps below to turn off voice on your PS5:
Step 1: Access Your PS5 Console Settings
Turn on your PS5 console and access the home screen. Navigate to the top right corner of the screen and select the gear icon, which represents the settings menu.
Step 2: Select “System”
In the settings menu, select the “System” option located towards the bottom left.
Step 3: Choose “Voice” and “Speech Recognition”
Once you’re in the system settings menu, scroll through the options on the left-hand side of the screen until you come across the “Voice” and “Speech Recognition” options. Click on these options to continue the process.
Step 4: Turn Off Voice Recognition and Mic
Inside the “Voice” and “Speech Recognition” options, you’ll see the option to turn off Voice Recognition and Mic, respectively. Toggle these options off to disable the voice function on your PS5 console.
Once these steps are completed, the audio function on your PS5 console will be turned off, including the voice command feature.
Turning off the voice function on your PS5 console can be easily accomplished by following the steps outlined in this article. Whether you’re looking to play games quietly or want to respect those around you by minimizing noise, turning off voice on your PS5 is a simple process that won’t take very long to complete.
Option 1: Mute Microphone
The PS5 controller includes a built-in microphone that enables voice chat during gaming. However, sometimes you may want to mute the microphone during gameplay, either to avoid background noise, privacy reasons, or personal preference. Fortunately, the PS5 offers multiple methods to turn off voice on PS5. Follow the steps below to mute the microphone on your PS5 controller or system settings.
The easiest way to mute the PS5 controller microphone is through its dedicated mute button, located on the left side of the controller, next to the charging port. Here’s how to do it:
- While in-game or in a party chat, press and hold the mute button for a few seconds until the orange LED light on the button turns on. This indicates that the microphone is now muted.
- To unmute the microphone, press the mute button again for a few seconds until the LED light turns off.
- You can also check the status of the microphone by looking at the audio icon on the PS5’s home screen or the game menu, which shows a crossed-out microphone symbol when the microphone is muted.
Note that muting the controller microphone only affects the audio input on your end. You can still hear other players’ voices and game audio through your headphones or TV speakers. However, if you want to turn off all voice chat on PS5, you may need to adjust the system settings.
Using System Settings
If you want to mute the microphone system-wide or adjust other voice chat settings, you need to access the PS5 system settings. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to the PS5 home screen by pressing the PS button on your controller.
- Select the gear icon on the top right corner of the screen to open the Settings menu.
- Scroll down to the Sound menu and select it.
- Select the Microphone icon under the Input section.
- To mute the microphone, toggle the “Microphone status” button to the left. The button turns gray when muted.
- Alternatively, you can adjust other microphone settings, such as the volume level, mic monitoring, and device selection, under the Microphone settings menu.
Once you mute the microphone through the system settings, the PS5 will remember your preferences until you change them again. This means that even if you switch to another game or app, the microphone will remain muted, unless you manually unmute it.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Muting Microphone
Muting the microphone on PS5 can have both advantages and disadvantages, depending on your needs and preferences. Some of the benefits of muting the microphone include:
- Reducing background noise that may interfere with gameplay or chat conversations.
- Protecting your privacy by preventing others from hearing your voice or the environment sounds.
- Preventing accidental noise or interference caused by the controller buttons or mic sensitivity.
On the other hand, some of the drawbacks of muting the microphone may include:
- Missing out on social interaction and gaming experience that voice chat provides.
- Difficulty in communicating with teammates or friends during multiplayer games or cooperative modes.
- Inability to use voice commands or voice-activated features that some PS5 games or apps support.
Therefore, before you decide to turn off voice on PS5, consider the pros and cons of muting the microphone, and make sure it aligns with your gaming style and preferences.
To turn off the voice on your PS5, you need to follow the steps given in this guide.
Option 2: Adjust Chat/Party Audio Settings
If completely turning off the voice feature on the PS5 isn’t an option for you, adjusting the chat/party audio settings might be a better solution. There are two ways to do this: through the PS5 controller or through the system settings.
The first way to adjust chat/party audio settings is through the PS5 controller. To do this, follow these steps:
- Press the PS button on the controller to go to the home screen.
- Select the gear icon on the top right corner to access the settings.
- Select “Sound” from the list of settings.
- Select “Audio Output” and then “Chat Audio.”
- You can now adjust the volume of chat audio or mute it altogether.
By using the controller, you have easy access to adjust the chat/party audio settings without having to go through system settings. This method is ideal for those who need to quickly adjust the audio without going through multiple steps.
Using System Settings
The second way to adjust chat/party audio settings is through the PS5 system settings. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to the home screen and hover over the settings gear icon.
- Select “Settings,” located at the bottom of the screen.
- From the settings menu, select “Sound.”
- Select “Audio output” and then “Output to Headphones.”
- Select “Chat Audio” and choose “Do Not Output” to mute chat audio entirely.
The advantage of adjusting chat/party audio settings through system settings is that you have more options to customize your audio settings. You can adjust multiple audio settings including volume, bass, treble, and even turn 3D audio on or off. This method is ideal for those who want to fully customize their audio experience but requires more steps than using the controller method.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Adjusting Chat/Party Audio Settings
Adjusting chat/party audio settings on the PS5 has its pros and cons as with any solution. Here are some of the benefits and drawbacks to consider:
- You can adjust the volume of chat/party audio to your desired level.
- You can customize your audio experience by adjusting other audio settings.
- You can mute chat/party audio entirely if necessary.
- Adjusting the chat/party audio settings doesn’t turn off the voice feature entirely, other sounds such as game audio may still come through.
- Adjusting the chat/party audio settings doesn’t guarantee you won’t hear toxic players or receive offensive messages.
Overall, adjusting chat/party audio settings may be a good solution for players who want to customize their audio experience without completely turning off the voice feature on their PS5. However, it’s important to note that this solution doesn’t guarantee a completely toxic-free experience. Players should also consider using other options such as muting toxic players or reporting offensive behavior to ensure a safe and enjoyable gaming experience.
To fix the problem of YouTube offline on PC, check out this guide.
Option 3: Disable In-Game Chat
Using Game Settings
If you want to turn off the voice chat feature in a specific game, you can do so by accessing the game settings. The process may vary from game to game, but typically you can find the option to disable voice chat under the audio or communication settings.
Here’s a sample step-by-step guide on how to disable in-game chat in Fortnite:
- Launch Fortnite on your PS5.
- From the main menu, click on the 3 lines on the top right corner.
- Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to the “Audio” section and click on it.
- Toggle off “Voice Chat.”
Once you’ve disabled voice chat in the game settings, you won’t be able to hear or communicate with other players using the in-game chat feature.
Using System Settings
If you want to disable voice chat for all games on your PS5, you can do so through the system settings.
- From the PS5 home screen, go to “Settings.”
- Scroll down to “Sound” and click on it.
- Under “Microphone,” select “Mute all microphones.”
By muting all microphones, you won’t be able to use voice chat in any game on your PS5.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Disabling In-Game Chat
The primary benefit of disabling in-game chat is that it can prevent unwanted or inappropriate communication from other players. This can be particularly helpful if you’re playing online with strangers.
However, disabling in-game chat also means you won’t be able to communicate with teammates or coordinate strategies effectively. In team-based games, a lack of communication can put your team at a disadvantage and impact your chances of winning.
Ultimately, whether or not you disable in-game chat will depend on your personal preferences and gaming style. If you prefer to play solo or don’t mind not being able to communicate with other players, then turning off voice chat may be the right choice for you. But if you value teamwork and communication, you may want to consider keeping the in-game chat on.
If you’re looking to crop an image on your Mac, read this tutorial.
Recommended Video About : How to Turn Off Voice on PS5